Our fair use policy
Our fair use policy
All authors and editors of BSCint sign an Author Warranty and Transfer of Copyright Agreement, and BSCint supports a Fair Use Policy allowing authors and editors to:
BSCint AUTHORS, UNDER FAIR USE CAN:
- Post the final typeset PDF (which includes the title page, table of contents and other front materials, and the copyright statement) of their chapter or article (NOT THE ENTIRE BOOK OR JOURNAL ISSUE), on the author or editor’s secure personal website and/or their university repository site.
- Cannot post the article, chapter, full book publication, or journal issue on general open access sites for free download and distribution, such as ResearchGate, arXiv, Academia.edu, SSRN, or society-sponsored sites.
- Cannot use in a coursepack without first securing the consent of BSCint.
- Cannot copy or distribute for any monetary consideration.
- Cannot be given to a commercial third party to post, copy, distribute, sell or give for free or for any monetary consideration.
For those authors and editors wishing to republish their chapter or article in a future book or journal publication they are authoring or editing, they will need to seek written permission from BSCint.
BSCint abides by international copyright law, and as such all contributors are asked to sign an BSCint Author Warranty and Transfer of Copyright agreement prior to publication. The warranty portion ensures that materials submitted to BSCint for consideration are original and have not been published elsewhere previously.
The copyright portion clearly states: Author(s) cannot post the contents of the article/chapter on any website or distribute the work to others in either electronic or print forms without the written permission of BSCint. This includes any article or chapter currently under consideration by BSCint and the final published work.
To inquire about permissions and rights of BSCint publications, please contact: